There were two robbers named Nick and Brian. These robbers were really quick. Nick was older then Brian but Brian was smarter. They were best friends and mostly did everything together. Then one day they decided to rob a jewelry store and they realized they had to do it at night. They started to do something else while they waited for night to come. Then finally it turned night and everyone was asleep. Then they went to the jewelry store as quietly as they could. When they got in the building they realized there were bright red lasers inside. They broke the lock and went inside, careful not to touch the lasers. They put most of the jewelry in their bag. But when they tried to get out Nick touched the laser. “Blarrrr!” went the alarm, and the police started coming. “Run!” said Brian. They ran to their secret hideout before the police got there. When they got to the hideout, they put the jewelry in a safe place. “We got out safe but if you had touched the laser we would have been taken to jail!” said Brain. “It wasn’t my fault and I had to carry all the bags!” said Nick. When the police got there, they examined the crime. They found shoe marks and fingerprints. Brian and Nick decided to look at the jewelry. They went to the secret place where they put the jewelry. They looked at the jewelry and they put it on. Meanwhile, the police found out who the robbers were. ”It was Nick and Brian,” said one of the police. The police went out to find them. It took them so long to finally find their secret hideout. They went in and found the robbers there. “Give us all the jewelry that you stole,” the police said. “Says who?” Brian asked. The police pointed their guns up at them. “We’re innocent,” said Brain and Nick raising their hands up. “Ok, the jewlery is over there,” Brian said as he walked to the spot where they put the it and unlocked it. The police took the jewelry and threw Nick and Brian in jail.
Me Meeting My Great Grandparents and Having Fun By: Alondra E.
When I was six years old, it was a long drive going to Mexico. Me and my brother were having fun but my sister was getting mad. It took up to two to three days to get to Mexico. I wanted to get to Mexico to go to the beach and bring home a souvenir. I was excited to get there.
After getting in from the beach, I wanted to spend time with my cousins and get on the motorcycles. I don’t remember which cousins were there because there were so many cousins. The motorcycles were black, one yellow, and one blue. The cousins that knew how to drive it took one or two kids on a long trip all over the place.
I met my great grandparents. In Mexico, I spent so much time with them. I did everything with them.
I remember being in the kitchen with my great grandmother. The beans were so delicious that I wanted to lick my fingers. Sometimes me and my cousins would go inside the kitchen pretending to help but we were playing around. My great grandma was doing all of the cooking. She was a calm woman. Only when you made a lot of noise would she tell you to quiet down a little bit. My great grandma was very nice because she would not get mad as quickly as other people.
When my great grandpa would take me to the store, I would get tired because of my asthma. He would carry me. My cheeks would turn red because of the heat. He would pinch them and it hurt when he pinched them. Papa Juan was a hard-working man. After work, he would get tired and take a nap.
I had been so excited to bring home my souvenir, but I remember that I forgot it at the hotel. It was like a snow globe but it had a beach on it. I left on my birthday, July 2nd, early in the morning.
One day Apollo and his son were planning to go and ride Apollo’s horses. On the way there they spotted Hades grabbing and riding off with Apollo’s horses. Furious, Apollo chased Hades and vowed that when he caught him he would beat him up. When Hades saw how mad Apollo was, he swung around and grabbed his son Asclepias for protection. Asclepias yells, “father help me!” Hades tells Asclepias to shut up and knocks him out with a blow to the face.
Apollo shouts “I’ll kill you. I’m going to tear you apart.” Hades keeps quit for he can’t give his location away. If Hades can get to the unknown cave he can get away and use Asclepias as a slave. The horses Hades is riding go crazy and kicks Hades and Asclepias off, and knocks Hades out. When Hades wakes up he sees the big foot of Apollo over his face.
“Apollo wait we can talk this over like grown men.” Hades Begs. Apollo responds “ we are not men, we are Gods” Apollo punches Hades in the face. Then Hades swings back an misses, Apollo elbows him in the noise and knees him in the gut. Hades backs away and kicks sand into Apollos face. Hades then continues to punch Apollo in the face, eventually Apollo finds the strength to block Hades punch and tightly grabs his fist. Apollo throws a mighty blow to his face that causes him to fly up in the air. Hades pulls the hidden dagger from his sleeve and stabs Apollo in the leg. Hades then punches Apollo in the face as he struggles to pull the dagger from his leg.
“You are nothing but trash” says Hades. He then drags Asclepias to the unknown cave. While in the cave Asclepias starts thinking of how he can escape. He gets an opportunity to escape when Hades leaves to find some food.
Asclepias makes his escape and begins looking for his father. When he sees a man on a horse approaching’ he hides behind a large tree. When he recognizes that it is his father he shouts, “Dad help me!” Hades suddenly comes from nowhere and grabs Asclepias and puts his hand over his mouth. Apollo approaches Hades from behind and taps him on the shoulder. When he turns around to see what that was, Apollo punches him in the face. Furious with all that has happened he begins to stab Hades with his dagger. Apollo begins to cast a spell on Hades “spirits, spirit hear my cry, take this man and make him cry. He shall be stuck in the underworld for all eternity.
“Hades is now gone into the underworld, he will be miserable in the flames just as he made my life miserable for taking you” says Apollo
“Father let’s forget what has happened today and go back home to our lives.”
“I agree with you son I think it is best to put this day behind us.”
The bell rang for school to end. I rushed out the door and went straight to my locker to grab my stuff. Someone is calling my name but I don’t turn around. I head out the schools exit, I hear someone call my name again. “Willow,” the voice calls again. My friend Joshua is waving as I turn around. Joshua hands me an invitation. “What’s this?” “I want to invite you to my birthday party this Saturday,” said Joshua. “Ok umm I will ask my parents if I can go.” My face is starting to turn red, I can feel it. I walk outside to face the blistering cold. There are sounds of young children laughing and throwing snow balls. A snowball hits me in the head as I approach my friend Lacy. She laughs furiously. “Did you get invited to Joshua’s party,” asks Lacy? “Yah,” I said, “can’t wait. Well, I am going to wait on the bench and read my book.” “Ok have fun,” said lacy as I walk over to the bench and take my book out, but I can’t focus. I can’t stop thinking about what my friends would say if they knew I was going to a writing clinic. Some things should stay secret and this is one of them! I hear the car pull up so I turn around. In surprise I see my dad waving at me and then get into the black mustang, it smells like cookies. “How was school,” asked dad? “Good nothing much I had got invited to Joshua’s birthday party. Can I go?” We pull out of the parking lot as dad turns on the radio. I turn the music down. “Dad can I go to the party?” “Sorry there will be no one to drive you there.” “Fine whatever.” I turn the music back up. The rest of the ride is silent. Not the good kind of silent, the uncomfortable kind of silent. We pull up to the writing clinic, the uncomfortable silence is broken and I am glad. We gather our things and head inside there are lots of windows, the building has three stories, and is made of grey brick. My dad is being a big meanie for taking me to this weird writing clinic. This frustrates me! I am giving up my after school time and a party to come here. I walk into the main lobby to meet my new tutor, I feel nervous! Will she/he be nice? Will my tutor be mean? As a lady introduces herself to my dad I am trying to fight off the thousands of questions forming in my head. The lady introduces herself to me. “Hi my name is Ms. Feorenza.” I smile and try to be polite. “Hi my name is Willow,” I say in a strange tone that I can’t quite recognize. Ms. Feorenza guides me to an ugly room with a big wooden table in the middle of it that clashes with the rest of the stuff in the room. She pulls out a chair for me and we begin. But I can’t focus all I can think about is how I can’t go to the party and when I will get out of here. I stare at the clock furiously and I can hear it tick…tock…tick…tock. I don’t even want to be here, I just want to read my book. I had to give up my piano lessons to come here! I look at the clock again and it’s almost time to go. Ms. Feorenza hands me a work sheet. The work is too easy, it is finished in a minute. Ms. Feorenza stands up and tells me time is up.
The Legend of the Skateboard Riders By Angelo S. (4th grade)
Todd was at Riley’s house. TJ called them to invite them to his house. Todd and Riley left and brought their skateboards and their helmets. They went to TJ’s house. Then TJ gave them a game that you clip on your skateboard and you can travel in time. Then Todd and Riley went home and went to sleep. When they woke up, they were in a different time. Todd and Riley didn’t know where they were, so the cowboy named Em, told them they were in the old west. Then they rode their skateboards to a farm. They lived on the farm with the cowboy for 12 years, in the days of no electricity. When the 12 years were up, Todd and Riley got struck by lightning. When they came back to their time, TJ gave them a newspaper that told a story about a cowboy who invented the skateboard. Todd said, “I left my skateboard at the farm.” When he was older, Todd traveled back to the old west and took his skateboard home. This changed time and the newspaper erased.
"The Journey" By Alessandro S., Grade 2 (Based on the book, The North Star by Peter Reynolds)
"The Journey"
A boy is in a boat, when a wave comes and puts him up on land. He soon meets a squirrel and becomes his friend. The boy climbs a tree so he could look for signs to continue on his journey, he sees that winter is coming so he makes a sweater out of leaves and a jacket for the squirrel. The squirrel asks the boy “can you help me prepare for the cold?” The boy says “yes, I will help you prepare for the cold.” Then they gather nuts, they make a leaf cover, and the boy puts the squirrel in his pocket. The boy and the squirrel continue on the journey. Soon the boy didn’t see any more signs telling him where to go on his journey. The squirrel helped the boy look for signs by climbing on his head and looked out across the water. Finally the squirrel found the signs and said “this way to your journey!” They soon reached sunny land and they cheered, “Hooray!!” and bounced around. The boy and the squirrel put their swimming trunks on, with their sun block and sun glasses, and then they lay in the sun. Their journey had come to an end.
Beginning of an untitled short story by Airriona Jones, 8th grade:
I was at in the chair at graduation thinking about what happen four years ago it was these two girls I always hang around Leticia and Alicia and one day we was in the class room getting ready for prop and we loved jumping rope all the time so we go the gym and Leticia goes first and we are getting 3 turns and no overs and so Alicia made a mistake and miss up Leticia turn and Leticia got made and curse out Alicia and through the rope in it hit Alicia in the face with the rope and Leticia says sorry and Alicia says anit no sorry you should have never throwed in the first place.
Plans for the rest of the story: Airriona steps in, talks to both of them, “Alicia and Leticia, y’all both are my friends, I don’t know why you’re doing all this fighting over a jump rope”. Become friends again, never get into it again.
NOTHING EVER HAPPENS IN CALIFORNIA by Janna (grade 5) Mentor Text: Nothing Ever Happens on 90th Street
It’s summer again and the same old thing happens in California. I wake up at 4:00 in the morning to go for a jog and walk the dog. The same dumb cat bothers me again like it has nothing better to do. Then I finally get home, change my clothes, get my skateboard, and on my way out the door mom calls me asking if I have a lunch. Knowing I don’t have anything I answer yes. I know I know some of you are thinking I am a liar, but it’s just a little white lie who is it going to hurt. On my way to the skate park I remembered Lizze goes to the skate park.
I hate Lizze because she tells a lot of lies. I know I should be thinking about my self when I say that. Anyway I go on to the skate park, when I get there Lizze is already there. She asks me where is my lunch, I say I do not have it which I don’t. Then she called her two brothers Bille and Manny, they’re twins and to think they’re 13 years old messing with an 11 year old girl. I started to think what if someone had some cement and poured it on them and it dried, I would laugh. I look at Raul who never notices me. I get on my skateboard and do a kick flip with a back flip to end with. Then a whole crowd starts cheering. Raul comes to me and sees that was cool, as if I do not know that. I say thank you. Then he asks me if I want to go to the movies. I say sure forgetting how much I hate the movies because of how boring it is. I just hate how quite it is and how quite you have to be.
(To be continued...this story is a work in progress)
You might wonder why I’m always tired. It’s because I play on two basketball teams. On Friday night I play for my old school. Those games don’t end until nine o’clock and it takes an hour to get home. Then I have to play another game early Saturday morning. But there’s only been one day that I’ve been in the middle of a huge psycho fight.
It’s started one Saturday morning when I had a basketball game for my school, the Mark Sheridan Wild Cats. We are an amazing team. There’s a blue team for Mark Sheridan and a yellow team, but blue is the best. We have all the tallest and the fastest kids on our team. We win a lot and we’ve only lost one game. Let me tell you about a game that we almost lost.
We were up by a basket. Seven seconds on the clock and a kid on the other team had a fast brake. I was running after him. He was dribbling so fast he stumbled on the ball and fell. Everyone thought I pushed him, but I really didn’t.
“Yoooowwww!!!!!” I yelped as I tripped over him and then fell on the hard, wooden basketball court.
Before I knew it, the coach on the other team grabbed my arm. The angry coach, who looked like a crazy, psychotic basketball troll yelled, “What the **** (beep) did you do?”
My coach tried to stop him by saying, “Calm down! Don’t you know that you’re yelling at little kids?” This made the angry, psychotic basketball coach even more furious. He was swearing at me and my coach!
All the kids on my team jumped off their seats and ran up to him. They were angry that he was screaming. His face was turning bright red and it was like steam was coming out of his ears and his veins were popping out of his neck!
I was feeling scared but excited because my teammates were helping me fight back. I knew the guy couldn’t do anything to me. Finally the ref came over.
The ref had heard him say, “ **** (beep) ** (ba) **** (beep) ****(beep)****(beep).” So his team got a technical foul. The best shooter on my team got two free-throws. He only made one basket, but we still won by a shot and a free-throw.
Everyone on my team was saying, “Shut up before I sock you in the face,” to the other team instead of shaking hands at the end. After that, everyone left and rode in my car to go to the restaurant Portillo’s. It was so loud at the restaurant and you couldn’t get anyone to shut up for a second. If you wanted them to shut-up and listen, you would have had to shoot a gun in the air. They were that excited and loud. It was the best game so far!
But, maybe the next game will be even more exciting, because it’s the playoffs…
I walk on the ice with my brother. My dad is going in the box because that’s where the coaches usually go. My mom and sister are in the stands watching the game. We do a couple of practices and then we start the face off. Kyle is against Matt. Kyle hits the puck heading toward the goal. Then, I rush to the puck like mad. I feel chills up my spine. I feel something strange is going to happen. The tip of my skate got caught in the ice. Crash! Boom! I went crashing into the floorboards. Boom! I fell on the hard, cold, ice. Then my dad says, “Time, out!” Kyle races toward me with an ice pack. Suddenly, I felt my body going up. Kyle stopped and said, “Are you O.K.? You’re bleeding!” I said to Kyle, “I can’t move my arm!”
I was watching my two friends graduate it was so exciting. I had to just take off my heels and smile and take pictures. “Alicia went up to Leticia and said I’m sorry girl for acting like a jerk. Is we cool know right I hope? “Leticia I’m so glad we back cool it was boring without me and you and airriona thank the lord he save the day. It was about 4 months ago in February… I always hang around Leticia and Alicia. One day we were getting ready to go to gym, where we love jumping rope all the time. When we got to the gym, Leticia went first and got 3 turns and no overs. Then it was Alicia turn. Alicia made a mistake and hit Leticia and she got mad. Leticia cursed Alicia out and threw the rope at her, and it hit Alicia in the face.
Leticia said “sorry.” Alicia says, “Ain’t no sorry. You should never throw it in the first place. Here comes airriona jumping in. Who she suppose to be our therapist or something? She needs to step back in stay up out of our business.” I step in the middle of this and talks to the both of them “Alicia and Leticia y'all both are my friends I don’t know why are y'all bickering back in forth at each other over a stupid jump roping so y'all going to rip each other neck off and lose yell life over that y'all need to grow up and stop acting like little kids please do just for all of us and friend ship.” I turned around and walked away and said, “Y’all are ridiculous”. The next day I see the both of them and they are talking and laughing again and we all come back friends and never got into it with each other again. We lived happily ever after.
I skate on the ice with my brother. I said, “You hit me Kyle!” “No, I didn’t!” said Kyle. We were arguing as usual.
My mom and sister are in the stands watching the game. We do a couple of practices and then we start the face off. Kyle is against Matt. Kyle hits the puck heading toward the goal. Then, I rush to the puck like mad. I feel chills up my spine. I feel something strange is going to happen. The tip of my skate got caught in the ice. Crash! Boom! I went crashing into the floorboards. Boom! I fell on the hard, cold, ice. Then my dad says, “Time, out!”
The other team didn’t hear my dad say, “Time out!” so when I got up, the puck was heading toward Kyle. It went straight under Kyle’s skate. Smack! Slip! Kyle went on the hard, cold ice. Kyle was majorly hurt. Dad rushed toward him like a bow and arrow. Shreek, went Dad’s skate. Then the next thing I knew it, my brother was in the ambulance. Me and my dad hopped in. We asked the paramedics what was wrong. I felt bad because he got hurt helping me. It happened so fast, I couldn’t even help him. The ambulance went as fast as it could. My brother was turning and moaning. My dad explained the whole accident to the paramedics. My dad said, “Is there anything wrong, Doc?” Then Kyle was in so much pain, he fainted on the pillow. Finally, the ambulance stopped right in front of the humongous hospital. When Kyle was at the hospital getting checked up, the other players won the game.
The next day, I went up to my team mates and said, “Can I have the big, sparkly trophy for my brother? I really feel ba…” The trophy was in my hands before I finished my sentence. I went straight to the hospital. I gave him the gold, sparkly trophy and said, “I am so happy you are O.K. and you matter a lot to me.”
The Big Snow Storm By John Palenik, age 7 Me, my brother, and sister got ready to go outside and play in the snow. I was excited to go outside. Finally, we went outside and me, my brother, and sister were drowning in the snow. My dog was climbing on top of the snow hills. Then we had a snowball fight. I was mad at my sister because she got in our way. She was walking in the middle of the snowball fight. I said, “Tonya get out of the way and you can throw a snowball at me and Bobby. And you can throw a snowball to Hans so he can catch it and eat it.” Yes, she did, she was happy about it and she had fun doing it. Next we shot snowmen with our Nerf guns. I was happy to play with my brother and sister. We had to reload Tonya’s pistol, but we had machine guns. We shot the snowman as many times as we can. After we shot the snowman, we threw snowballs to Hans. It was funny to see him chase the snowballs. When he caught them, he ate them with his mouth. My dog thought it was fun. Finally, we went inside and took off our snow stuff. I felt mad when I was all wet but I was sad to go inside. Last, we drank hot chocolate and watched SpongeBob. But I was cozy to be inside. We laughed at the funny cartoon while we drank the hot, chocolaty drink.
Ellen and Nally were playing in the park together. They went on the slides and swings. They talk to each other about things that happen to them and they played hopscotch. Until one day they were on the slides and Ellen went down and she was about to get off but Nally came down the slide as fast as a cheetah and bumped into Ellen. Ellen fell off the slide and fell into the floor. “Ouch!” said Ellen. “I’m sorry,” said Nally. Ellen knew in her mind that Nally should be more careful. Ellen looked at Nally and yelled, “I’m never going to be your friend!” “Fine!” said Nally. Ellen was so mad that she went home and so did Nally.
The next day Ellen and Nally both went to the park but they did not talk to each other and they did not play hopscotch together. Ellen and Nally played by their selves. They still felt mad at each other.
Until Ellen knew that Nally was her only friend because everyone in her school has a friend. So Ellen wanted to get Nally back because she missed her. So Ellen knew that Nally is always at the park. Ellen went to look for Nally and she shouted “Nally where are you”! Finally she found Nally by the sidewalk and she was alone. Ellen asked if Nally could be her friend again. So Nally said “yes”! Because Nally wanted to be friends again with Ellen too. Ellen and Nally were best friends again. So they played in the park like they always do.
Did you know that eagles can play baseball? Well, one eagle can. His name is Black Spyer. He learned to play baseball by watching his prey. Now most eagles would be thinking about capturing their prey, diving at 100 miles per hour and snatching up a wild mouse. But, this eagle is different. He’s a vegetarian.
The mice didn’t know that. When he drifted down to the field among the trees as tall as two giraffes on top of each other, the mice thought “Dear God, please don’t let me die”. Black Spyer didn’t eat the mice, instead he surprised them by asking, “Can I play on your team?”
The mice were suspicious of Black Spyer and decided to have a quick meeting to figure out if he was to be trusted. “What should we do? Put him on a team, or not?” Coach Tiny asked. They decided to give him a test to see what skills he had. He was a horrible hitter, but he was a great outfielder. The mice took a vote and raised their paws to letting black Spyer on their team.
My big brother Darrin and I were slap fighting at home in the red, black, and white kitchen.
He’s a little taller and a little stronger than me because he is older than me. He always makes a face that is a smile with laughter at the same time, so I knew he was up to something. I was thinking that he was going to slap me. And I saw his hand, stiff, with his fingers together. I started slapping Darrin saying “you are not going to get me!”
So then I started running into the bathroom.
My brother was saying “you got 5 seconds before I get you”. Mom was looking at us saying “stop” and laughing at the same time.
I ran to the bathroom so Darrin won’t get in and then I said “I’m not coming out.” I hid in the tub and shut the lights off. I was shaking like a chiwawa. And I was trying to think of a plan to escape and get revenge.
I went in the cabinet and grabbed a blue towel from under the sink. As I was wetting the towel, I heard the doorknob moving. Next, I heard a coin drop and knew it was Darrin trying to twist the doorknob open with a penny.
I hid back in the tub, and shut the lights off again. When he unlocked the door, I moved the shower curtain and started whacking him with the wet towel. He tried to come in the tub with me and hit me, so I turned on the hot water and ran out of the bathroom into the hallway.
Then, Darrin came out of the bathroom with a green, wet towel, and started whacking me in my legs with it. My legs were hot like fire. We both were hitting each other in the leg and the stomach with the towels, when our mom started running up to us and hitting us, too. I thought to myself, “Run! Hide! Now mom’s playing, too.”
We were trying to run away from her, so I hid in the kitchen closet and Darrin hid in the room under the bed. We was trying not to laugh, so then she went to the room and started to grab her belt and her phone. She called Darrin’s phone and it was in his pocket on ring so she ran to his room and found him under the bed. She just started laughing and hitting him with the belt.
Next she called me and I turned my phone off so Darrin was trying to help her look for me. When Darrin got in the kitchen, the first thing he did was open the kitchen closet door. “Oh my god, I’m going to get it,” I thought. So, I pushed him and ran outside.
They started chasing me so I’m like “oh my god” because Darrin can run faster than me. So I hopped a fence and started getting chased by a dog. Then I’m thinking “what is going on in this neighborhood? First it was my brother, then it was my mom, and now even a pit bull is after me. That’s weird and creepy.” So after that we ran to my grandmother’s house and I was super sweaty. Me and my brother smelled like two dogs in the backyard. I stopped and started taking breaths. My brother did the same. Then, I fell on the floor and started saying “I’m tired!”
“This is your fault!” he said. “You should’ve just got hit.”
“The Day of People’s Wings” by Christian Miller Grade Three
This story is dedicated to my friends Dario, Destiny, Miles, Jayden, Ameer, and Lataya.
Part I
Dario and his dad went into the space program. They tested the rocket that could fly by itself all the way to the moon by autopilot. Then a black hole came out of nowhere from a different planet. The planet was named Furnace. The black hole sucked in Dario’s dad, and then he went back to Earth alone. Then he figured out that his mother Destiny was in the hospital in Eviltown.
The doctor told Destiny, “You only have two weeks to live.”
Then Dario said, “I will find a cure for you.” He went back to his parents’ house, where a man showed up. His name was Jayden.
Jayden said, “Never give up on your goal.”
Dario went to a temple named “Servant Mountain.” When he got all the way up to the top, he met another person named Miles and his daughter Lataya. Miles went on a trip, so Lataya trained him in karate and the ways of the monks. They gave him the name Wings, because he built his own mechanical wings like Icarus.
Dario ran to the airport. He flew to China to see his cousin Chris, known as C.J. C.J. is also known by the name Six. He is a CIA special agent. He only wears a green suit every day with a tie and sunglasses, and he doesn’t talk to anyone. His name is Six because he is the sixth most dangerous man in the world.
Trak Boomboom and Amtrak were in the airport. While they were walking into a plane, there was a car coming by. It had toxic waste in it, and it spilled right onto them. Then they had to take them to the hospital. When Amtrak got there he said, “My name is really Ameer. My face is burned by toxic waste.”
And Track Boomboom said, “I need medical attention.” But no one could listen, because no one could hear him. Amtrak told the doctor he needed medical attention, too, so they helped him right away, but it was too late. The toxic waste went into their bodies and took control of them.
It gave them powers. Amtrak had lasers in his eyes. He had speed, strength, x-ray vision, and invisibility. He could also fly. Trak Boomboom had powers to control people and make them do anything he wanted by putting mind-controls onto their hats. If people weren’t wearing hats he put his mind-control onto their hair.
"The Day of People's Wings" by Christian Miller Grade Three
Part II
Then Trak Boomboom put mind-controls all over China. Amtrak fought Six and Wings in France to distract them and keep them away from Trak Boomboom. In China the mind-control people went to different places, like Mexico, the United States, England, and Italy. They took over two cities in Japan: Tokyo and Osaka.
Then Six took Amtrak to the CIA, but Amtrak escaped and they didn’t know where he went. Wings went to find Trak Boomboom, while all the mind-control people were taking over the whole world. They had the CIA, FBI, police, squad team, and the firefighters. The firefighters were blocking all the areas where they could get away. Wings was in charge of telling the CIA, FBI, police, and firefighters what to do. Then Six went to Mexico to warn the people of Mexico, but they didn’t believe him. The special agents came in and told them the truth, and all of the people in Mexico escaped in a space ship to the Milky Way.
The special agents wore white and black uniforms that looked like white wings on black bodies. They were known as “People’s Wings” because they saved the people.
When Wings went to find Trak Boomboom, he flew over where Lataya had found the cure for Wing’s mom. So he flew all the way back to Eviltown to give the doctor the cure so his mom could live.
Then the spaceship from the Milky Way went back to earth with more special agents. Wings and Six and Xman followed Wings to Mexico to find Trak Boomboom. Then Six and Xman guarded Mexico to keep people away. He brought more special agents to help.
That is when Wings told Trak Boomboom to give up, saying, “Give up! You are outnumbered!”
Trak said, “I won’t give up! I have more people than you!”
So Wings grabbed Trak Boomboom by his shoulders, saying, “I will drop you.”
He dropped him.
Trak Boomboom gave up, and Wings caught him before he hit the ground. Then special agents found Amtrak. They took him to the base in the desert, and they took Trak to the Pacific base, underwater. Amtrak and Trak were both safely imprisoned. They stayed there forever until a cure was found for them. When they were cured, they were allowed to leave and they did not remember anything about the base.
Wings, Six, Xman, Destiny, and Lataya all became special agents. They went on missions to catch bad guys.
Red Alert-Informational Piece Abria Barker Spring 2011
Have you ever been bullied? Well, my recommendation to teens is that you can do the right thing by letting an adult address your bullying problem the appropriate way. Not telling anyone can cause the problem to broaden, which can lead to you bullying others, depression and loneliness, fear of being harassed in school, and the most detrimental effect that bullying can cause, suicide.
Teens can be bullied for many reasons. One such reason is their appearance. Bullies are said to be envious of their peers, and want to become popular, or better than others around them. Bullies also prey on teens who have a low self-esteem because they know that these specific teens will not do anything to stand up for themselves. Another reason why teens are bullied are for disabilities, such as being unable to walk properly, speak appropriately, or with health issues such as epilepsy.
A newer sort of bullying is called cyberbullying. It is the worst kind of bullying because it can cause humiliation, when people send degrading messages, pictures or video samples over the internet. This can be worse than being bullied in school because they no longer are safe from being bullied. They’re invading these teens privacy and they will have fear in doing certain things and this can lead into suicide.
It is important that teens who are being bullied tell an adult because it can stop the bully from continuing to bully them and others. It can also cause the bully to receive severe consequences. Technically, the bully can now have their own chance of being bullied. Now, other bullies can rethink their bullying to avoid getting the same consequences. Teens who are being bullied, make sure you tell an adult because you can make a big difference!
RECKLESS DAYS TO THE NEW ME A Short Story by Abria Barker
“I need friends,” Amber Riley said to her mom. “I’m on my way to school.” I live in a dingy neighborhood. The Twix wrappers fly in the air like little crows around a dead body. Glass is scattered in the streets from burglaries.
All I can think about is being popular and making new friends. Here I am becoming mature because I’m not in middle school anymore, but in my first year of high school. Throughout my entire middle school years I’m considered a geek by the whole English class students. Thick black circle glasses, short straight black natural hair, big elf ears, faded red sweater smelling of mothballs.
At my old tarnished locker, getting my brand new biology book, ready to be talked about. Sometimes, they call me polluted face, maybe even doodle head. “But if I ever become rich I’m going to out-do all the jocks, cheerleaders, and I’m going to be myself because I’m too fine. Ready to study because I’m going to do me, no matter what anyone says or does ‘cause they wrong, I’m right. “I walked into the classroom and I hear Marque announce "Hear come the little garbage can." “I know you not talking, you smell like a chipmunk with a spoiled rotting egg" Amber exclaimed, taking up for herself. She was asked to sit down by Mr. Fletcher, but she didn't listen. "You are changing Amber, I’ve never seen you like this before. What's going on?" Ain’t nothin’ wrong with me, is there somethin’ wrong with you?" “Amber you never talk to a teacher like that. You have a detention.”
Sitting in this stupid detention class with some teacher, looking like a dumb donut, and that jock, looking like a chipmunk, and that geek of a boy that hangs around my block with his homeboys, getting things started with other teens. I'm so mad at that Mr. Fletcher, so I take out my phone. My mom texted me and said my big brother got shot and was in the hospital, in critical condition. I text back and said that's ‘cause he always messing with those gang bangers ‘cause they mess with me. I left the school early, took 69th street to the invisible line, and rushed to the Times Square Hospital in room 300. I stand watching my brother, he tells me to always keep my head up because this is what can happen if you keep your head down, and don't watch your surroundings.
I asked him if he was ok and where momma was. He gave no response. The doctor came in and showed some x-rays of his heart and she said he was going to need a heart transfusion. “But where are we going to get an extra heart from with no insurance, did you forget it expired?” It’s all because of me, I was too busy signing up for a welfare check. “Well, we can help,” the doctor said reassuringly. “How?" Amber mumbled. “We don't got no money,” Amber copped an attitude like she ruined everything. I didn’t fill out another medical form to renew the insurance. Dr. Wagner mentioned there was an extra heart ready to be donated. It was an empty miracle.
My day back at school and I’m looking at the head cheerleader ‘cause she is about to say something to Amber Jurnee Riley. That’s when I tell her, “What is you looking at me for! I just went to the mall and I look a trillion times better than you. So guess what, at the end of the day I'm the baddest Amber Riley. I am now the winner, and you are the loser.”
(Short story based on a photo from the earthquake and tsunami in Japan)
I was hiding in my friend’s basement for 2 days and finally I got out and when I did the top part of the house was not there. Lots of houses around me were just broken into little pieces. Puddles and puddles of water were all over the place. I try walking through the muddy and wet pieces of wood from broken houses. I try to find my house, but with everything broken and just thrown I'm lost. Suddenly I don’t know where to look and wonder were the rest of my family is. I see no one around me, just the destruction of the earthquake and tsunami with only the clothes on my back. I try to find my house in the rubble where I can maybe find some of my clothes. After hours of looking I try to find someone that can help me. I find a car and it has wood and lots of other stuff on top of it. I go inside and it is a little better than to be outside in the freezing cold. I try not to think about my family and just hope that they are ok and that I will find them soon. The next day I wake up to a very strong after shock and found my self flipped over in the car I get out, dust myself off, and walk to a school where I can sleep for a couple weeks. They checked me for radiation and then I went in and saw a lot of people already there with blankets and sleeping bags. Many children were having class in the other rooms. After a while I see more and more children in the room coming from class and doing homework. I found out that some of them were without their parents and their parents were helping worse off family members. I saw one of the students reading a letter. After he was done, he set it down beside me and I looked at it from the corner of my eye it was a letter from his mom. At night many of the people that were already there helped me. One person gave me pillow and another person gave me a sleeping bag. I soon made friends. In the morning we got breakfast. It was bought with the money other countries sent us. They also paid for our lunch. I met some parents who thought it was still dangerous, but a man told her that it was safe within 20 kilometer. She still didn’t look very convinced.
The Sneaky Robbers
ReplyDeleteby Nick Chiu
There were two robbers named Nick and Brian. These robbers were really quick. Nick was older then Brian but Brian was smarter. They were best friends and mostly did everything together. Then one day they decided to rob a jewelry store and they realized they had to do it at night. They started to do something else while they waited for night to come. Then finally it turned night and everyone was asleep. Then they went to the jewelry store as quietly as they could. When they got in the building they realized there were bright red lasers inside. They broke the lock and went inside, careful not to touch the lasers. They put most of the jewelry in their bag. But when they tried to get out Nick touched the laser.
“Blarrrr!” went the alarm, and the police started coming.
“Run!” said Brian. They ran to their secret hideout before the police got there. When they got to the hideout, they put the jewelry in a safe place.
“We got out safe but if you had touched the laser we would have been taken to jail!” said Brain.
“It wasn’t my fault and I had to carry all the bags!” said Nick.
When the police got there, they examined the crime. They found shoe marks and fingerprints.
Brian and Nick decided to look at the jewelry. They went to the secret place where they put the jewelry. They looked at the jewelry and they put it on.
Meanwhile, the police found out who the robbers were.
”It was Nick and Brian,” said one of the police. The police went out to find them. It took them so long to finally find their secret hideout. They went in and found the robbers there.
“Give us all the jewelry that you stole,” the police said.
“Says who?” Brian asked. The police pointed their guns up at them.
“We’re innocent,” said Brain and Nick raising their hands up.
“Ok, the jewlery is over there,” Brian said as he walked to the spot where they put the it and unlocked it. The police took the jewelry and threw Nick and Brian in jail.
Me Meeting My Great Grandparents and Having Fun
ReplyDeleteBy: Alondra E.
When I was six years old, it was a long drive going to Mexico. Me and my brother were having fun but my sister was getting mad. It took up to two to three days to get to Mexico. I wanted to get to Mexico to go to the beach and bring home a souvenir. I was excited to get there.
After getting in from the beach, I wanted to spend time with my cousins and get on the motorcycles. I don’t remember which cousins were there because there were so many cousins. The motorcycles were black, one yellow, and one blue. The cousins that knew how to drive it took one or two kids on a long trip all over the place.
I met my great grandparents. In Mexico, I spent so much time with them. I did everything with them.
I remember being in the kitchen with my great grandmother. The beans were so delicious that I wanted to lick my fingers. Sometimes me and my cousins would go inside the kitchen pretending to help but we were playing around. My great grandma was doing all of the cooking. She was a calm woman. Only when you made a lot of noise would she tell you to quiet down a little bit. My great grandma was very nice because she would not get mad as quickly as other people.
When my great grandpa would take me to the store, I would get tired because of my asthma. He would carry me. My cheeks would turn red because of the heat. He would pinch them and it hurt when he pinched them. Papa Juan was a hard-working man. After work, he would get tired and take a nap.
I had been so excited to bring home my souvenir, but I remember that I forgot it at the hotel. It was like a snow globe but it had a beach on it. I left on my birthday, July 2nd, early in the morning.
Cristian E.
ReplyDeleteThe Day of Misery
One day Apollo and his son were planning to go and ride Apollo’s horses. On the way there they spotted Hades grabbing and riding off with Apollo’s horses. Furious, Apollo chased Hades and vowed that when he caught him he would beat him up. When Hades saw how mad Apollo was, he swung around and grabbed his son Asclepias for protection. Asclepias yells, “father help me!” Hades tells Asclepias to shut up and knocks him out with a blow to the face.
Apollo shouts “I’ll kill you. I’m going to tear you apart.” Hades keeps quit for he can’t give his location away. If Hades can get to the unknown cave he can get away and use Asclepias as a slave. The horses Hades is riding go crazy and kicks Hades and Asclepias off, and knocks Hades out. When Hades wakes up he sees the big foot of Apollo over his face.
“Apollo wait we can talk this over like grown men.” Hades Begs. Apollo responds “ we are not men, we are Gods” Apollo punches Hades in the face. Then Hades swings back an misses, Apollo elbows him in the noise and knees him in the gut. Hades backs away and kicks sand into Apollos face. Hades then continues to punch Apollo in the face, eventually Apollo finds the strength to block Hades punch and tightly grabs his fist. Apollo throws a mighty blow to his face that causes him to fly up in the air. Hades pulls the hidden dagger from his sleeve and stabs Apollo in the leg. Hades then punches Apollo in the face as he struggles to pull the dagger from his leg.
“You are nothing but trash” says Hades. He then drags Asclepias to the unknown cave. While in the cave Asclepias starts thinking of how he can escape. He gets an opportunity to escape when Hades leaves to find some food.
Asclepias makes his escape and begins looking for his father. When he sees a man on a horse approaching’ he hides behind a large tree. When he recognizes that it is his father he shouts, “Dad help me!” Hades suddenly comes from nowhere and grabs Asclepias and puts his hand over his mouth. Apollo approaches Hades from behind and taps him on the shoulder. When he turns around to see what that was, Apollo punches him in the face. Furious with all that has happened he begins to stab Hades with his dagger. Apollo begins to cast a spell on Hades “spirits, spirit hear my cry, take this man and make him cry. He shall be stuck in the underworld for all eternity.
“Hades is now gone into the underworld, he will be miserable in the flames just as he made my life miserable for taking you” says Apollo
“Father let’s forget what has happened today and go back home to our lives.”
“I agree with you son I think it is best to put this day behind us.”
What if someone knew?
ReplyDeleteBy: Kala L.
The bell rang for school to end. I rushed out the door and went straight to my locker to grab my stuff. Someone is calling my name but I don’t turn around. I head out the schools exit, I hear someone call my name again. “Willow,” the voice calls again. My friend Joshua is waving as I turn around. Joshua hands me an invitation.
“What’s this?”
“I want to invite you to my birthday party this Saturday,” said Joshua.
“Ok umm I will ask my parents if I can go.” My face is starting to turn red, I can feel it.
I walk outside to face the blistering cold. There are sounds of young children laughing and throwing snow balls. A snowball hits me in the head as I approach my friend Lacy. She laughs furiously. “Did you get invited to Joshua’s party,” asks Lacy?
“Yah,” I said, “can’t wait. Well, I am going to wait on the bench and read my book.”
“Ok have fun,” said lacy as I walk over to the bench and take my book out, but I can’t focus. I can’t stop thinking about what my friends would say if they knew I was going to a writing clinic. Some things should stay secret and this is one of them!
I hear the car pull up so I turn around. In surprise I see my dad waving at me and then get into the black mustang, it smells like cookies. “How was school,” asked dad?
“Good nothing much I had got invited to Joshua’s birthday party. Can I go?” We pull out of the parking lot as dad turns on the radio. I turn the music down.
“Dad can I go to the party?”
“Sorry there will be no one to drive you there.”
“Fine whatever.” I turn the music back up. The rest of the ride is silent. Not the good kind of silent, the uncomfortable kind of silent.
We pull up to the writing clinic, the uncomfortable silence is broken and I am glad. We gather our things and head inside there are lots of windows, the building has three stories, and is made of grey brick. My dad is being a big meanie for taking me to this weird writing clinic. This frustrates me! I am giving up my after school time and a party to come here. I walk into the main lobby to meet my new tutor, I feel nervous! Will she/he be nice? Will my tutor be mean? As a lady introduces herself to my dad I am trying to fight off the thousands of questions forming in my head.
The lady introduces herself to me. “Hi my name is Ms. Feorenza.” I smile and try to be polite.
“Hi my name is Willow,” I say in a strange tone that I can’t quite recognize. Ms. Feorenza guides me to an ugly room with a big wooden table in the middle of it that clashes with the rest of the stuff in the room. She pulls out a chair for me and we begin. But I can’t focus all I can think about is how I can’t go to the party and when I will get out of here. I stare at the clock furiously and I can hear it tick…tock…tick…tock. I don’t even want to be here, I just want to read my book. I had to give up my piano lessons to come here! I look at the clock again and it’s almost time to go. Ms. Feorenza hands me a work sheet. The work is too easy, it is finished in a minute. Ms. Feorenza stands up and tells me time is up.
I feel relieved!
The Legend of the Skateboard Riders
ReplyDeleteBy Angelo S. (4th grade)
Todd was at Riley’s house. TJ called them to invite them to his house. Todd and Riley left and brought their skateboards and their helmets. They went to TJ’s house. Then TJ gave them a game that you clip on your skateboard and you can travel in time. Then Todd and Riley went home and went to sleep.
When they woke up, they were in a different time. Todd and Riley didn’t know where they were, so the cowboy named Em, told them they were in the old west. Then they rode their skateboards to a farm. They lived on the farm with the cowboy for 12 years, in the days of no electricity.
When the 12 years were up, Todd and Riley got struck by lightning. When they came back to their time, TJ gave them a newspaper that told a story about a cowboy who invented the skateboard. Todd said, “I left my skateboard at the farm.”
When he was older, Todd traveled back to the old west and took his skateboard home. This changed time and the newspaper erased.
"The Journey"
ReplyDeleteBy Alessandro S., Grade 2
(Based on the book, The North Star by Peter Reynolds)
"The Journey"
A boy is in a boat, when a wave comes and puts him up on land. He soon meets a squirrel and becomes his friend. The boy climbs a tree so he could look for signs to continue on his journey, he sees that winter is coming so he makes a sweater out of leaves and a jacket for the squirrel.
The squirrel asks the boy “can you help me prepare for the cold?” The boy says “yes, I will help you prepare for the cold.” Then they gather nuts, they make a leaf cover, and the boy puts the squirrel in his pocket. The boy and the squirrel continue on the journey.
Soon the boy didn’t see any more signs telling him where to go on his journey. The squirrel helped the boy look for signs by climbing on his head and looked out across the water. Finally the squirrel found the signs and said “this way to your journey!”
They soon reached sunny land and they cheered, “Hooray!!” and bounced around. The boy and the squirrel put their swimming trunks on, with their sun block and sun glasses, and then they lay in the sun. Their journey had come to an end.
Beginning of an untitled short story by Airriona Jones, 8th grade:
ReplyDeleteI was at in the chair at graduation thinking about what happen four years ago it was these two girls I always hang around Leticia and Alicia and one day we was in the class room getting ready for prop and we loved jumping rope all the time so we go the gym and Leticia goes first and we are getting 3 turns and no overs and so Alicia made a mistake and miss up Leticia turn and Leticia got made and curse out Alicia and through the rope in it hit Alicia in the face with the rope and Leticia says sorry and Alicia says anit no sorry you should have never throwed in the first place.
Plans for the rest of the story:
Airriona steps in, talks to both of them, “Alicia and Leticia, y’all both are my friends, I don’t know why you’re doing all this fighting over a jump rope”.
Become friends again, never get into it again.
NOTHING EVER HAPPENS IN CALIFORNIA
ReplyDeleteby Janna (grade 5)
Mentor Text: Nothing Ever Happens on 90th Street
It’s summer again and the same old thing happens in California. I wake up at 4:00 in the morning to go for a jog and walk the dog. The same dumb cat bothers me again like it has nothing better to do. Then I finally get home, change my clothes, get my skateboard, and on my way out the door mom calls me asking if I have a lunch. Knowing I don’t have anything I answer yes. I know I know some of you are thinking I am a liar, but it’s just a little white lie who is it going to hurt. On my way to the skate park I remembered Lizze goes to the skate park.
I hate Lizze because she tells a lot of lies. I know I should be thinking about my self when I say that. Anyway I go on to the skate park, when I get there Lizze is already there. She asks me where is my lunch, I say I do not have it which I don’t. Then she called her two brothers Bille and Manny, they’re twins and to think they’re 13 years old messing with an 11 year old girl. I started to think what if someone had some cement and poured it on them and it dried, I would laugh. I look at Raul who never notices me. I get on my skateboard and do a kick flip with a back flip to end with. Then a whole crowd starts cheering. Raul comes to me and sees that was cool, as if I do not know that. I say thank you. Then he asks me if I want to go to the movies. I say sure forgetting how much I hate the movies because of how boring it is. I just hate how quite it is and how quite you have to be.
(To be continued...this story is a work in progress)
Action at a Basketball Game!!!!
ReplyDeleteby Anthony LoCoco
You might wonder why I’m always tired. It’s because I play on two basketball teams. On Friday night I play for my old school. Those games don’t end until nine o’clock and it takes an hour to get home. Then I have to play another game early Saturday morning. But there’s only been one day that I’ve been in the middle of a huge psycho fight.
It’s started one Saturday morning when I had a basketball game for my school, the Mark Sheridan Wild Cats. We are an amazing team. There’s a blue team for Mark Sheridan and a yellow team, but blue is the best. We have all the tallest and the fastest kids on our team. We win a lot and we’ve only lost one game. Let me tell you about a game that we almost lost.
We were up by a basket. Seven seconds on the clock and a kid on the other team had a fast brake. I was running after him. He was dribbling so fast he stumbled on the ball and fell. Everyone thought I pushed him, but I really didn’t.
“Yoooowwww!!!!!” I yelped as I tripped over him and then fell on the hard, wooden basketball court.
Before I knew it, the coach on the other team grabbed my arm. The angry coach, who looked like a crazy, psychotic basketball troll yelled, “What the **** (beep) did you do?”
My coach tried to stop him by saying, “Calm down! Don’t you know that you’re yelling at little kids?” This made the angry, psychotic basketball coach even more furious. He was swearing at me and my coach!
All the kids on my team jumped off their seats and ran up to him. They were angry that he was screaming. His face was turning bright red and it was like steam was coming out of his ears and his veins were popping out of his neck!
I was feeling scared but excited because my teammates were helping me fight back. I knew the guy couldn’t do anything to me. Finally the ref came over.
The ref had heard him say, “ **** (beep) ** (ba) **** (beep) ****(beep)****(beep).” So his team got a technical foul. The best shooter on my team got two free-throws. He only made one basket, but we still won by a shot and a free-throw.
Everyone on my team was saying, “Shut up before I sock you in the face,” to the other team instead of shaking hands at the end.
After that, everyone left and rode in my car to go to the restaurant Portillo’s. It was so loud at the restaurant and you couldn’t get anyone to shut up for a second. If you wanted them to shut-up and listen, you would have had to shoot a gun in the air. They were that excited and loud. It was the best game so far!
But, maybe the next game will be even more exciting, because it’s the playoffs…
Beginning of a short story: First Draft
ReplyDeleteby Kayla
I walk on the ice with my brother. My dad is going in the box because that’s where the coaches usually go. My mom and sister are in the stands watching the game. We do a couple of practices and then we start the face off. Kyle is against Matt. Kyle hits the puck heading toward the goal. Then, I rush to the puck like mad. I feel chills up my spine. I feel something strange is going to happen. The tip of my skate got caught in the ice. Crash! Boom! I went crashing into the floorboards. Boom! I fell on the hard, cold, ice. Then my dad says, “Time, out!”
Kyle races toward me with an ice pack. Suddenly, I felt my body going up. Kyle stopped and said, “Are you O.K.? You’re bleeding!”
I said to Kyle, “I can’t move my arm!”
Final copy of Airriona's short story:
ReplyDeleteI was watching my two friends graduate it was so exciting. I had to just take off my heels and smile and take pictures.
“Alicia went up to Leticia and said I’m sorry girl for acting like a jerk. Is we cool know right I hope?
“Leticia I’m so glad we back cool it was boring without me and you and airriona thank the lord he save the day.
It was about 4 months ago in February…
I always hang around Leticia and Alicia.
One day we were getting ready to go to gym, where we love jumping rope all the time. When we got to the gym, Leticia went first and got 3 turns and no overs. Then it was Alicia turn. Alicia made a mistake and hit Leticia and she got mad. Leticia cursed Alicia out and threw the rope at her, and it hit Alicia in the face.
Leticia said “sorry.”
Alicia says, “Ain’t no sorry.
You should never throw it in the first place. Here comes airriona jumping in. Who she suppose to be our therapist or something? She needs to step back in stay up out of our business.”
I step in the middle of this and talks to the both of them
“Alicia and Leticia y'all both are my friends I don’t know why are y'all bickering back in forth at each other over a stupid jump roping so y'all going to rip each other neck off and lose yell life over that y'all need to grow up and stop acting like little kids please do just for all of us and friend ship.”
I turned around and walked away and said, “Y’all are ridiculous”.
The next day I see the both of them and they are talking and laughing again and we all come back friends and never got into it with each other again. We lived happily ever after.
Final Copy of Kayla's Short Story
ReplyDeleteI skate on the ice with my brother. I said, “You hit me Kyle!”
“No, I didn’t!” said Kyle.
We were arguing as usual.
My mom and sister are in the stands watching the game. We do a couple of practices and then we start the face off. Kyle is against Matt. Kyle hits the puck heading toward the goal. Then, I rush to the puck like mad. I feel chills up my spine. I feel something strange is going to happen. The tip of my skate got caught in the ice. Crash! Boom! I went crashing into the floorboards. Boom! I fell on the hard, cold, ice. Then my dad says, “Time, out!”
The other team didn’t hear my dad say, “Time out!” so when I got up, the puck was heading toward Kyle. It went straight under Kyle’s skate. Smack! Slip! Kyle went on the hard, cold ice. Kyle was majorly hurt. Dad rushed toward him like a bow and arrow. Shreek, went Dad’s skate. Then the next thing I knew it, my brother was in the ambulance. Me and my dad hopped in. We asked the paramedics what was wrong. I felt bad because he got hurt helping me. It happened so fast, I couldn’t even help him. The ambulance went as fast as it could. My brother was turning and moaning. My dad explained the whole accident to the paramedics. My dad said, “Is there anything wrong, Doc?” Then Kyle was in so much pain, he fainted on the pillow. Finally, the ambulance stopped right in front of the humongous hospital. When Kyle was at the hospital getting checked up, the other players won the game.
The next day, I went up to my team mates and said, “Can I have the big, sparkly trophy for my brother? I really feel ba…” The trophy was in my hands before I finished my sentence. I went straight to the hospital. I gave him the gold, sparkly trophy and said, “I am so happy you are O.K. and you matter a lot to me.”
The Big Snow Storm
ReplyDeleteBy John Palenik, age 7
Me, my brother, and sister got ready to go outside and play in the snow. I was excited to go outside. Finally, we went outside and me, my brother, and sister were drowning in the snow. My dog was climbing on top of the snow hills.
Then we had a snowball fight. I was mad at my sister because she got in our way. She was walking in the middle of the snowball fight. I said, “Tonya get out of the way and you can throw a snowball at me and Bobby. And you can throw a snowball to Hans so he can catch it and eat it.” Yes, she did, she was happy about it and she had fun doing it.
Next we shot snowmen with our Nerf guns. I was happy to play with my brother and sister. We had to reload Tonya’s pistol, but we had machine guns. We shot the snowman as many times as we can.
After we shot the snowman, we threw snowballs to Hans. It was funny to see him chase the snowballs. When he caught them, he ate them with his mouth. My dog thought it was fun.
Finally, we went inside and took off our snow stuff. I felt mad when I was all wet but I was sad to go inside.
Last, we drank hot chocolate and watched SpongeBob. But I was cozy to be inside. We laughed at the funny cartoon while we drank the hot, chocolaty drink.
Ellen and Nally
ReplyDeleteby Ariana
Ellen and Nally were playing in the park together. They went on the slides and swings. They talk to each other about things that happen to them and they played hopscotch. Until one day they were on the slides and Ellen went down and she was about to get off but Nally came down the slide as fast as a cheetah and bumped into Ellen. Ellen fell off the slide and fell into the floor.
“Ouch!” said Ellen.
“I’m sorry,” said Nally.
Ellen knew in her mind that Nally should be more careful. Ellen looked at Nally and yelled, “I’m never going to be your friend!”
“Fine!” said Nally.
Ellen was so mad that she went home and so did Nally.
The next day Ellen and Nally both went to the park but they did not talk to each other and they did not play hopscotch together. Ellen and Nally played by their selves. They still felt mad at each other.
Until Ellen knew that Nally was her only friend because everyone in her school has a friend. So Ellen wanted to get Nally back because she missed her. So Ellen knew that Nally is always at the park. Ellen went to look for Nally and she shouted “Nally where are you”! Finally she found Nally by the sidewalk and she was alone. Ellen asked if Nally could be her friend again. So Nally said “yes”! Because Nally wanted to be friends again with Ellen too. Ellen and Nally were best friends again. So they played in the park like they always do.
Black Spyer
ReplyDeleteby Kiet Jackson
Did you know that eagles can play baseball? Well, one eagle can. His name is Black Spyer. He learned to play baseball by watching his prey. Now most eagles would be thinking about capturing their prey, diving at 100 miles per hour and snatching up a wild mouse. But, this eagle is different. He’s a vegetarian.
The mice didn’t know that. When he drifted down to the field among the trees as tall as two giraffes on top of each other, the mice thought “Dear God, please don’t let me die”. Black Spyer didn’t eat the mice, instead he surprised them by asking, “Can I play on your team?”
The mice were suspicious of Black Spyer and decided to have a quick meeting to figure out if he was to be trusted. “What should we do? Put him on a team, or not?” Coach Tiny asked. They decided to give him a test to see what skills he had. He was a horrible hitter, but he was a great outfielder. The mice took a vote and raised their paws to letting black Spyer on their team.
The Craziest Day Ever (Part 1)
ReplyDeleteBy Christin L.
My big brother Darrin and I were slap fighting at home in the red, black, and white kitchen.
He’s a little taller and a little stronger than me because he is older than me. He always makes a face that is a smile with laughter at the same time, so I knew he was up to something. I was thinking that he was going to slap me. And I saw his hand, stiff, with his fingers together. I started slapping Darrin saying “you are not going to get me!”
So then I started running into the bathroom.
My brother was saying “you got 5 seconds before I get you”.
Mom was looking at us saying “stop” and laughing at the same time.
I ran to the bathroom so Darrin won’t get in and then I said “I’m not coming out.” I hid in the tub and shut the lights off. I was shaking like a chiwawa. And I was trying to think of a plan to escape and get revenge.
I went in the cabinet and grabbed a blue towel from under the sink. As I was wetting the towel, I heard the doorknob moving. Next, I heard a coin drop and knew it was Darrin trying to twist the doorknob open with a penny.
I hid back in the tub, and shut the lights off again. When he unlocked the door, I moved the shower curtain and started whacking him with the wet towel. He tried to come in the tub with me and hit me, so I turned on the hot water and ran out of the bathroom into the hallway.
The Craziest Day Ever (Part 2)
ReplyDeleteBy Christin L.
Then, Darrin came out of the bathroom with a green, wet towel, and started whacking me in my legs with it. My legs were hot like fire. We both were hitting each other in the leg and the stomach with the towels, when our mom started running up to us and hitting us, too. I thought to myself, “Run! Hide! Now mom’s playing, too.”
We were trying to run away from her, so I hid in the kitchen closet and Darrin hid in the room under the bed. We was trying not to laugh, so then she went to the room and started to grab her belt and her phone. She called Darrin’s phone and it was in his pocket on ring so she ran to his room and found him under the bed. She just started laughing and hitting him with the belt.
Next she called me and I turned my phone off so Darrin was trying to help her look for me. When Darrin got in the kitchen, the first thing he did was open the kitchen closet door. “Oh my god, I’m going to get it,” I thought. So, I pushed him and ran outside.
They started chasing me so I’m like “oh my god” because Darrin can run faster than me. So I hopped a fence and started getting chased by a dog. Then I’m thinking “what is going on in this neighborhood? First it was my brother, then it was my mom, and now even a pit bull is after me. That’s weird and creepy.” So after that we ran to my grandmother’s house and I was super sweaty. Me and my brother smelled like two dogs in the backyard. I stopped and started taking breaths. My brother did the same. Then, I fell on the floor and started saying “I’m tired!”
“This is your fault!” he said. “You should’ve just got hit.”
“Oh, shutup.” I said.
“The Day of People’s Wings”
ReplyDeleteby Christian Miller
Grade Three
This story is dedicated to my friends Dario, Destiny, Miles, Jayden, Ameer, and Lataya.
Part I
Dario and his dad went into the space program. They tested the rocket that could fly by itself all the way to the moon by autopilot. Then a black hole came out of nowhere from a different planet. The planet was named Furnace. The black hole sucked in Dario’s dad, and then he went back to Earth alone. Then he figured out that his mother Destiny was in the hospital in Eviltown.
The doctor told Destiny, “You only have two weeks to live.”
Then Dario said, “I will find a cure for you.” He went back to his parents’ house, where a man showed up. His name was Jayden.
Jayden said, “Never give up on your goal.”
Dario went to a temple named “Servant Mountain.” When he got all the way up to the top, he met another person named Miles and his daughter Lataya. Miles went on a trip, so Lataya trained him in karate and the ways of the monks. They gave him the name Wings, because he built his own mechanical wings like Icarus.
Dario ran to the airport. He flew to China to see his cousin Chris, known as C.J. C.J. is also known by the name Six. He is a CIA special agent. He only wears a green suit every day with a tie and sunglasses, and he doesn’t talk to anyone. His name is Six because he is the sixth most dangerous man in the world.
Trak Boomboom and Amtrak were in the airport. While they were walking into a plane, there was a car coming by. It had toxic waste in it, and it spilled right onto them.
Then they had to take them to the hospital. When Amtrak got there he said, “My name is really Ameer. My face is burned by toxic waste.”
And Track Boomboom said, “I need medical attention.” But no one could listen, because no one could hear him. Amtrak told the doctor he needed medical attention, too, so they helped him right away, but it was too late. The toxic waste went into their bodies and took control of them.
It gave them powers. Amtrak had lasers in his eyes. He had speed, strength, x-ray vision, and invisibility. He could also fly. Trak Boomboom had powers to control people and make them do anything he wanted by putting mind-controls onto their hats. If people weren’t wearing hats he put his mind-control onto their hair.
(continued)
"The Day of People's Wings"
ReplyDeleteby Christian Miller
Grade Three
Part II
Then Trak Boomboom put mind-controls all over China. Amtrak fought Six and Wings in France to distract them and keep them away from Trak Boomboom. In China the mind-control people went to different places, like Mexico, the United States, England, and Italy. They took over two cities in Japan: Tokyo and Osaka.
Then Six took Amtrak to the CIA, but Amtrak escaped and they didn’t know where he went. Wings went to find Trak Boomboom, while all the mind-control people were taking over the whole world. They had the CIA, FBI, police, squad team, and the firefighters. The firefighters were blocking all the areas where they could get away. Wings was in charge of telling the CIA, FBI, police, and firefighters what to do. Then Six went to Mexico to warn the people of Mexico, but they didn’t believe him. The special agents came in and told them the truth, and all of the people in Mexico escaped in a space ship to the Milky Way.
The special agents wore white and black uniforms that looked like white wings on black bodies. They were known as “People’s Wings” because they saved the people.
When Wings went to find Trak Boomboom, he flew over where Lataya had found the cure for Wing’s mom. So he flew all the way back to Eviltown to give the doctor the cure so his mom could live.
Then the spaceship from the Milky Way went back to earth with more special agents. Wings and Six and Xman followed Wings to Mexico to find Trak Boomboom. Then Six and Xman guarded Mexico to keep people away. He brought more special agents to help.
That is when Wings told Trak Boomboom to give up, saying, “Give up! You are outnumbered!”
Trak said, “I won’t give up! I have more people than you!”
So Wings grabbed Trak Boomboom by his shoulders, saying, “I will drop you.”
He dropped him.
Trak Boomboom gave up, and Wings caught him before he hit the ground. Then special agents found Amtrak. They took him to the base in the desert, and they took Trak to the Pacific base, underwater. Amtrak and Trak were both safely imprisoned. They stayed there forever until a cure was found for them. When they were cured, they were allowed to leave and they did not remember anything about the base.
Wings, Six, Xman, Destiny, and Lataya all became special agents. They went on missions to catch bad guys.
The End
Red Alert-Informational Piece
ReplyDeleteAbria Barker
Spring 2011
Have you ever been bullied? Well, my recommendation to teens is that you can do the right thing by letting an adult address your bullying problem the appropriate way. Not telling anyone can cause the problem to broaden, which can lead to you bullying others, depression and loneliness, fear of being harassed in school, and the most detrimental effect that bullying can cause, suicide.
Teens can be bullied for many reasons. One such reason is their appearance. Bullies are said to be envious of their peers, and want to become popular, or better than others around them. Bullies also prey on teens who have a low self-esteem because they know that these specific teens will not do anything to stand up for themselves. Another reason why teens are bullied are for disabilities, such as being unable to walk properly, speak appropriately, or with health issues such as epilepsy.
A newer sort of bullying is called cyberbullying. It is the worst kind of bullying because it can cause humiliation, when people send degrading messages, pictures or video samples over the internet. This can be worse than being bullied in school because they no longer are safe from being bullied. They’re invading these teens privacy and they will have fear in doing certain things and this can lead into suicide.
It is important that teens who are being bullied tell an adult because it can stop the bully from continuing to bully them and others. It can also cause the bully to receive severe consequences. Technically, the bully can now have their own chance of being bullied. Now, other bullies can rethink their bullying to avoid getting the same consequences. Teens who are being bullied, make sure you tell an adult because you can make a big difference!
RECKLESS DAYS TO THE NEW ME
ReplyDeleteA Short Story by Abria Barker
“I need friends,” Amber Riley said to her mom. “I’m on my way to school.” I live in a dingy neighborhood. The Twix wrappers fly in the air like little crows around a dead body. Glass is scattered in the streets from burglaries.
All I can think about is being popular and making new friends. Here I am becoming mature because I’m not in middle school anymore, but in my first year of high school. Throughout my entire middle school years I’m considered a geek by the whole English class students. Thick black circle glasses, short straight black natural hair, big elf ears, faded red sweater smelling of mothballs.
At my old tarnished locker, getting my brand new biology book, ready to be talked about. Sometimes, they call me polluted face, maybe even doodle head. “But if I ever become rich I’m going to out-do all the jocks, cheerleaders, and I’m going to be myself because I’m too fine. Ready to study because I’m going to do me, no matter what anyone says or does ‘cause they wrong, I’m right. “I walked into the classroom and I hear Marque announce "Hear come the little garbage can." “I know you not talking, you smell like a chipmunk with a spoiled rotting egg" Amber exclaimed, taking up for herself. She was asked to sit down by Mr. Fletcher, but she didn't listen. "You are changing Amber, I’ve never seen you like this before. What's going on?" Ain’t nothin’ wrong with me, is there somethin’ wrong with you?" “Amber you never talk to a teacher like that. You have a detention.”
Sitting in this stupid detention class with some teacher, looking like a dumb donut, and that jock, looking like a chipmunk, and that geek of a boy that hangs around my block with his homeboys, getting things started with other teens. I'm so mad at that Mr. Fletcher, so I take out my phone. My mom texted me and said my big brother got shot and was in the hospital, in critical condition. I text back and said that's ‘cause he always messing with those gang bangers ‘cause they mess with me. I left the school early, took 69th street to the invisible line, and rushed to the Times Square Hospital in room 300. I stand watching my brother, he tells me to always keep my head up because this is what can happen if you keep your head down, and don't watch your surroundings.
I asked him if he was ok and where momma was. He gave no response. The doctor came in and showed some x-rays of his heart and she said he was going to need a heart transfusion. “But where are we going to get an extra heart from with no insurance, did you forget it expired?” It’s all because of me, I was too busy signing up for a welfare check. “Well, we can help,” the doctor said reassuringly. “How?" Amber mumbled. “We don't got no money,” Amber copped an attitude like she ruined everything. I didn’t fill out another medical form to renew the insurance. Dr. Wagner mentioned there was an extra heart ready to be donated. It was an empty miracle.
My day back at school and I’m looking at the head cheerleader ‘cause she is about to say something to Amber Jurnee Riley. That’s when I tell her, “What is you looking at me for! I just went to the mall and I look a trillion times better than you. So guess what, at the end of the day I'm the baddest Amber Riley. I am now the winner, and you are the loser.”
Untitled (draft)
ReplyDeleteby, Bryant Jasso
(Short story based on a photo from the earthquake and tsunami in Japan)
I was hiding in my friend’s basement for 2 days and finally I got out and when I did the top part of the house was not there. Lots of houses around me were just broken into little pieces. Puddles and puddles of water were all over the place. I try walking through the muddy and wet pieces of wood from broken houses. I try to find my house, but with everything broken and just thrown I'm lost. Suddenly I don’t know where to look and wonder were the rest of my family is. I see no one around me, just the destruction of the earthquake and tsunami with only the clothes on my back. I try to find my house in the rubble where I can maybe find some of my clothes. After hours of looking I try to find someone that can help me. I find a car and it has wood and lots of other stuff on top of it. I go inside and it is a little better than to be outside in the freezing cold. I try not to think about my family and just hope that they are ok and that I will find them soon. The next day I wake up to a very strong after shock and found my self flipped over in the car I get out, dust myself off, and walk to a school where I can sleep for a couple weeks. They checked me for radiation and then I went in and saw a lot of people already there with blankets and sleeping bags. Many children were having class in the other rooms. After a while I see more and more children in the room coming from class and doing homework. I found out that some of them were without their parents and their parents were helping worse off family members. I saw one of the students reading a letter. After he was done, he set it down beside me and I looked at it from the corner of my eye it was a letter from his mom. At night many of the people that were already there helped me. One person gave me pillow and another person gave me a sleeping bag. I soon made friends. In the morning we got breakfast. It was bought with the money other countries sent us. They also paid for our lunch. I met some parents who thought it was still dangerous, but a man told her that it was safe within 20 kilometer. She still didn’t look very convinced.